Junior Bookkeeper (Remote) for a public practice firm
Website MB Accounting Inc
About the role: We are looking for an ambitious all-round junior bookkeeper/accountant to help us provide our clients with accurate financial information about their businesses.
Who you’ll be working with: MB Accounting Inc.
We provide our clients with financial peace of mind so that they can grow more efficient, stronger, and more competitive businesses. Based on us managing the finance function of their business, they make life changing decisions regarding cashflow, hiring new employees, investing in assets for the business and improving operations of the business.
Our clients use our services to answer critical business questions: such as, “Can they invest in hiring a new person? Can they invest in additional assets to increase service offerings? Which services are most profitable?” Do they need additional marketing channels? Which marketing channels are providing the most return?
We are a full-service financial support service, working with e-commerce and service-based companies – delivering the full finance function, from day-to-day bookkeeping to year-end filing, and from management reporting & analysis to internal control. Our team is fully remote and currently spread out over various countries in Europe, Asia, and South America, while our clients are located in Canada.
Our #1 priority is delivering quality customer service and accurate up-to-date books to our clients – we are their trusted partner for big decisions, so quality is non-negotiable.
We place a strong emphasis on asking questions, learning from one another, and learning from our mistakes in our open, informal, equal, and trust-based team environment.
What you will be doing
You will manage the day-to-day bookkeeping for several of our clients, who are in a variety of industries located in British Columbia, Canada.
The daily and weekly accounting tasks will require your full attention, with an emphasis on AR, AP, and daily bank feeds. You will also provide support with client month-ends and year-end filings.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Perform account reconciliations
- Assist in the review of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Enter vendor invoices and receipts and review the expense allocation and confirm that invoices have been allocated to the correct accounts and taxes have been entered correctly
- Process payroll
- Update financial data in the relevant accounting platform to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
To succeed in this role, you will have most of the following:
- 2+ years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting, AR/AP management, Invoicing, Billing, and setting up vendor payments
- Experienced in handling multiple clients with weekly and monthly timelines
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices (CAD GAAP)
- Experience with QBO and various online apps such as but not limited to, payment channels expense reporting, ecommerce, receipt fetching
- Experience with communication and workflow
- Experience working remotely
- Stable and reliable internet connection is required (30 Mbit minimum)
Personal traits that will help us both succeed:
- Communication is key – the more detailed the better we will understand each other
- Super organized & structured
- Eye for detail – includes meetings, emails, and correspondence to clients and others
- Ask questions – if you are unsure
- Excited to learn new apps and processes
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.